March 2007 Archives
view the news here
George Thorogood: Acoustic CD, Spring/Summer Tour
Wednesday, 21 March 2007
GEORGE THOROGOOD & THE DESTROYERS are back at it. The venerable blues guitarist and singer will hit the road April 6 with his longtime bandmates for a trek of dates that run well into August. More dates will be added.
Meanwhile, George is in California working on an acoustic record, the first of his career. His latest CD, The Hard Stuff, was released last year and the greatest hits compilation George Thorogood: 30 Years Of Rock, certified Gold by the R.I.A.A., was named the #1 top Blues Album of both 2005 and 2006 by Billboard magazine, which also crowned the band the #1 Top Blues Artist of 2005. Late last year, George was seen in the first series of actor Morgan Freeman
GT & D will be appearing at this year's Beale Street Music Festival. I'm going to copy and paste info from their site here, but they have all the info spread out...so bear with me on this:
May 4-6, 2007. To the world, Memphis means great music. Music lovers from around the globe gather at the Beale Street Music Festival to celebrate this vital heritage, this deep river of sound.
Three magical days. Four big stages. Thirty-three acres overlooking the Mighty Mississippi, right on the heels of historic Beale Street. More than sixty top artists. One outrageous party.
Blues, rock, gospel, R&B, alternative, and soul a spine-tingling musical variety guaranteed to shake your soul. With a growing fan base and worldwide media coverage, this stellar event sells out annually.
LOCATION: Tom Lee Park in Downtown Memphis. The park is located on Riverside Drive between Beale Street and Georgia Ave. Entrances are on Riverside Drive at Beale Street and on Riverside Drive at Georgia Avenue. Patrons with tickets may enter from the River Walk at the North and South bluff stairs.
Dates: May 4-6, 2007
Friday, May 4 - 5:00pm-12:30am
Saturday, May 5 - 1:00pm-12:30am
Sunday, May 6 - 1:00pm-10:30pm
Single Day tickets are $25.00 in advance or $30.00 if purchased at the gate. A pass for all three days is only $59.50 until April 30th. Once it's May the deal goes away so get your tickets early and save on the price of 1 day and 3-day tickets. After April 30th three day tickets will be $75.00.
No age restrictions; everyone must have a ticket.
Only patrons who have purchased advance tickets will be allowed park access using the Butler Street and North Bluff stairs.
Entrance for patrons buying tickets the day of the event will be at Riverside and Beale and at Riverside and Georgia.
The Allman Brothers Band
Three 6 Mafia
Gym Class Heroes
The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
Jerry Lee Lewis
Hubert Sumlin & Willie Big Eyes Smith
Plain White T's
The Derek Trucks Band
North Mississippi Allstars
Bobby "Blue" Bland
The Ohio Players
Walter Trout &The Radicals
Kenny Wayne Shephard
Taking Back Sunday
Old Crow Medicine Show
The John Butler Trio
Alvin Youngblood Hart
One Less Reason
Daddy Mack Blues Band
David Honeyboy Edwards
Corinne Bailey Rae
Billy Lee Riley
The Lee Boys
James "Super chikan" Johnson
The Beale Street Music Festival will keep you busy, entertained, and well fed.
Finding your way to Memphis and your way around the festival grounds is easy. Beale Street Music Festival takes place in downtown Memphis, Tennessee in Tom Lee Park a 33-acre park on the banks of the Mississippi River.
The 12 Rules of the Beale Street Music Festival
1. The Beale Street Music Festival will be presented rain or shine. Performances may be postponed or cancelled if weather conditions are deemed unsafe.
2. No refunds, rain checks or exchanges.
3. Blankets are welcomed.
4. No beverages, bicycles, cameras, recording devices, cans, containers, coolers, food, glass bottles, laser pointers, lawn chairs, oversized umbrellas, pets, recording equipment, roller blades, roller skates, water guns, strollers, no thrown objects such as baseballs, footballs, frisbees-etc., or weapons. Food and beverages, including beer, are available from the concessionaires.
5. All packages and purses are subject to inspection.
6. Picture I.D.'s will be required from everyone purchasing alcohol. Picture I.D.'s are also required for Ticketmaster will-call.
7. All food must be purchased with cash. ATM's are available within the Festival site for your convenience.
8. All patrons must have a ticket regardless of age. Tickets are good for the dates specified only.
9. If it is determined that the park has reached capacity, for the sake of crowd safety and enjoyment, Memphis in May reserves the right to refuse admission unless patron has a ticket purchased in advance. Admission to Tom Lee Park is first-come, first-served.
10. Memphis in May reserves the right to refuse admission or to eject any person violating rules, local, state and federal laws or whose conduct is deemed illegal, disorderly or offensive.
11. Cameras and recording equipment are not allowed in Tom Lee Park during the Beale Street Music Festival and are subject to being confiscated.
12. Memphis in May International Festival, Inc. and its employees, officers and sponsors assume no liability for injury sustained by ticket holders at this event.